Foto Album Vacanze Forum viaggi vacanze low cost I Nostri Viaggiatori Annunci di Viaggio
together in the locker

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
linzhihong18

linzhihong18
guarda i Paesi Visitati ()

MessaggioInviato: Mer Ott 10, 2018 10:17 am    Oggetto: together in the locker Rispondi citando

They have a new quarterback and a new middle linebacker. They've released veterans http://www.officialkings.com/authentic-adidas-alex-iafallo-jersey , traded away one of the top cornerbacks in the league, signed wisely in free agency and loaded up on draft picks.

Sounds like a losing franchise trying to turn things around.

Try the two-time and defending AFC West champion Kansas City Chiefs.

The slew of offseason moves began even before free agency, when the Chiefs agreed to trades that sent quarterback Alex Smith to the Redskins and cornerback Marcus Peters to the Rams. But the pace of the dealing has hardly slowed down as the Chiefs remake an aging and expensive roster that was good enough to reach the playoffs last season but not good enough to beat Tennessee in the wild-card round.

That's why they signed wide receiver Sammy Watkins, cornerback David Amerson and middle linebacker Anthony Hitchens, and landed cornerback Kendall Fuller in the trade with Washington.

"We're not trying to win a Super Bowl four years from now. We're going out there and we're trying to win a Super Bowl next year," Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said. "Whether that happens, I don't know, but I know that we're going to do everything we can to put our team in position to do so."

Many teams coming off back-to-back division titles would try to hold on a little longer. And the result would be a slow regression that would ultimately force the team to begin a complete rebuilding job anyway.

Veach, who took over for John Dorsey last summer, took a refreshingly different tack. He went after the trade market, was decisive in his convictions and landed his biggest priorities, even if he may have had to pay a premium to get Watkins and Hitchens in the door.

It was a sign the candid, confident Veach is going to be a far different GM than his predecessors in Kansas City.

"If we have shortcomings," Veach said, "we'll continue to work on those things. Our mindset is at every period to get our team in a position to win a Super Bowl. We have a lot of talent here. It's a lot of young talent, which is exciting for the fans, but we realize there may be some growing pains. But we have some guys that can straight up play football, and that's exciting."

There is no doubt an abundance of talent http://www.dolphinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-minkah-fitzpatrick-jersey , especially on offense.

Patrick Mahomes II is poised to take over for Smith under center, and he showed flashes of his big arm and gamesmanship in a Week 17 victory over Denver. To ease the transition, the Chiefs added Watkins to what is arguably the best set of skill-position players in the division, headlined by NFL rushing king Kareem Hunt, Pro Bowl tight end Travis Kelce and speedy wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

They also retained one of their own when they brought back bruising fullback Anthony Sherman.

"As a team, we've won a lot of games in the last few years," Mahomes said, "and we're bringing a lot of those guys back. And with the additions that we have added, I feel like we can have a very, very good offense. It's all going to start with how we prepare, especially at my position."

Yes, the Chiefs expected to have a very good offense, just as they did last season. But one of the big challenges this offseason has been to fix a defense that ranked among the worst in the league.

Hitchens was a good first step, and he'll step in to the void created by the release of the aging Derrick Johnson, the franchise's career tackles leader. Amerson and Fuller will help to cover the trade of Peters, and the draft picks netted this offseason will almost certainly be used on defense.

Still, the question remains: Is that enough to make an appreciable improvement?

"We've got a great nucleus coming back. We've added some players that are top-notch," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said last week. "We're fired up about this whole thing. I'm not great at standing up and going http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-courtland-sutton-jersey , 'Hey, here we go!' But I'm ready to roll as we're sitting here in March."

Philadelphia’s six leading average scorers so far in the playoffs, in order are: Ben Simmons, Dario Saric, Joel Embiid, JJ Redick, Marco Belinelli and Ersan Ilyasova.

Their homelands: Australia, Croatia, Cameroon, the United States, Italy and Turkey.

Philadelphia – a melting pot of humanity for more than 300 years – has a basketball team probably as diverse as the city itself. The 76ers, 19-1 in their last 20 games and suddenly looking very much like an NBA Finals contender, will try to close out the Miami Heat and clinch their Eastern Conference opening series when they play host to Game 5 on Tuesday night.

About a dozen languages and dialects can be spoken in the 76ers locker room at any time, but clearly, winning is a universal language.

”It’s all basketball, but the true side of how people coach, speak, say http://www.bearsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-anthony-miller-jersey , play the game is different,” 76ers coach Brett Brown said. ”And that collection now that I have with everybody is like is a melting pot of all peoples experiences. That equals a team. I mean, I love it. I love the geo-political conversations. I love that diversity on the court, off the court. I enjoy it.”

There might be no coach better-suited for this particular gig that Brown, too.

He spent nearly two decades living overseas, spending most of that time coaching in Australia before getting hired by the San Antonio Spurs – another franchise that has found championship ingredients from all over the world – back in 2002. Brown went to Philadelphia in 2013, took loss after loss after loss for his first four seasons when The Process was playing itself out, and now is reaping the rewards.

The 76ers are young. They’re brash. They’re fearless. And they’re legit.

”A lot of the guys growing up overseas, we have that European style of play,” Simmons said. ”It’s a lot different than the U.S. style.”

Simmons is still a kid, in the NBA sense. He’s 21. But he’s already seen the world with a basketball in hand: He’s played all over Australia, represented his country in Lithuania at the FIBA World U17 Championships as a 15-year-old, ended up going to high school in Florida and spent his lone year of college at LSU.

”I’ve seen a lot,” Simmons said. ”I’ve played everywhere.”

The poise shows, with the rookie shining in his first playoffs.

Embiid, also in his first playoffs and with a mask protecting his surgically repaired face, has handled playing injured with ease. Belinelli has been a steadying force since he got to Philadelphia two months ago. Saric has been doing things in these playoffs that can draw comparisons to what that countrymen Drazen Petrovic and Peja Stojakovic did before him. Ilyasova has been a key player for Philadelphia since getting rescued from Atlanta in February.

They all think differently, many learned the game differently Keelan Cole Jersey , and the backgrounds are wildly different.

But it works.

A record 62 players from 33 countries were on playoff rosters across the NBA this season, and no one had more of them than Philadelphia – the 76ers have seven international guys with them for the postseason, matching Utah for the league lead.

”My English isn’t that good, Dario’s isn’t that good, but we try to be a great group,” Belinelli said. ”And we are. We go to dinner all together, we spend a lot of time together in the locker room after practice. It’s just part of the work, I think. Having all these guys from different parts of the world, it’s a good thing.”

Brown, a coach in three Olympics, couldn’t agree more.

”This global instinct and sort of global feeling that we have in Philadelphia interests me very much,” Brown said. ”I embrace it. For me, it’s another layer of why I enjoy coaching this team.”

Arizona Cardinals Customized Jerseys
Profilo Invia messaggio privato

Questi messaggi rappresentano l'opinione personale dei membri di AROUNDIN e non di AROUNDIN.
AROUNDIN non è responsabile per i messaggi scritti dagli utenti.
Reputi qualcuno di questi messaggi inopportuno? scrivi a info@aroundin.it indicando il motivo

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

AroundIN

©2007-2011 Aroundin  P.IVA 06016170968  Contatti  Partners  Termini e condizioni  Annunci di Viaggio  InfoViaggi  Scambio Casa

aroundin.it è la forum community di viaggio con consigli e opinioni per viaggiare da soli o in compagnia.
Crea la tua mappa di viaggio e pubblica le tue foto vacanze.

aroundin.it non è responsabile, né garantisce il contenuto dei siti oggetto di link e
non è in alcun modo responsabile dei siti web a cui l'utente dovesse accedere dal presente sito

Powered phpbb - foto album - mappe - Ricerca per parola chiave: viaggi e turismo