Foto Album Vacanze Forum viaggi vacanze low cost I Nostri Viaggiatori Annunci di Viaggio
the Celtics or Cavaliers

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
linzhihong18

linzhihong18
guarda i Paesi Visitati ()

MessaggioInviato: Gio Ago 09, 2018 03:30 am    Oggetto: the Celtics or Cavaliers Rispondi citando

Aksel Lund Svindal made a triumphant return to the hill where a downhill crash almost ended his career two years ago.

In the opening event of the 78th Hahnenkamm races http://www.saintsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-rick-leonard-jersey , the 2010 Olympic super-G champion led a Norwegian 1-2 finish ahead of Kjetil Jansrud on Friday in the last World Cup race in the discipline before the Pyeongchang Games.

It was Svindal’s 16th career super-G victory but first since winning in Kitzbuehel in 2016, a day before he badly injured his right knee. He was thrown off the course, landed in the safety netting on the Streif and underwent surgery for a ruptured ACL and damaged meniscus. Months later, he said the injury had nearly forced him into retirement.

On Friday, Svindal dominated the super-G, which was delayed and moved to a different course higher up the hill because overnight snow and rain affected the lower part of the original course. The move meant the race included even more sections of the downhill course than usual.

Thousands of spectators followed the race on large video screens because the finish was out of sight.

”This is definitely something special. It was a special race with the finish high up on the hill,” said Svindal, who beat Jansrud by 0.50 seconds. ”Everyone was a bit nervous as we were not sure what to expect.”

Austrian teammates Matthias Mayer and Hannes Reichelt were third and fourth, 0.56 and 0.57 behind, respectively.

Josef Ferstl of Germany, who won the previous super-G in Val Gardena Kevin Hogan Color Rush Jersey , Italy, last month, was 1.71 behind in 18th.

It was Svindal’s 35th career win, and 30th in a speed event, trailing only Austrian standout Hermann Maier’s total of 39 downhill and super-G wins.

Svindal, who will aim for his first downhill win in Kitzbuehel in Saturday’s race, finished in the top 10 of all three previous super-G races this season but had not reached the podium.

Still hampered by knee problems, Svindal believed his reduced training schedule affected his super-G form.

”In downhill you have training runs which give you more confidence,” he said. ”The downhill tomorrow will be very exciting but the weekend couldn’t have started better.”

Winning the last super-G before the Olympics does not make Svindal an obvious favorite for the Feb. 15 race in Jeongseon, South Korea. Only once did the winner of the last World Cup race also take the Olympic super-G title – in 1998 when Maier achieved the feat.

The result closed the gap in the super-G standings between Svindal and leader Jansrud to 46 points, with Vincent Kriechmayr another 14 points back in third place. The Austrian trailed Svindal by 1.29 seconds in 10th place on Friday.

Jansrud called the race ”a difficult super-G for all.”

”No one had experience on this course http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-marshall-newhouse-jersey ,” the 2014 Olympic super-G champion said. ”Aksel and I raced really well. Two moose on the podium, that makes us happy.”

After days of snow and rain, the weather was expected to improve for Saturday’s downhill.

Ray Allen has enjoyed watching former teammate LeBron James lead Cleveland through the NBA playoffs. And it’s not much different than what Allen saw almost daily when the two were part of the Miami Heat’s run to a NBA title in 2013.

”He’s the main cog of what the Cavaliers are doing,” Allen said Monday. ”I don’t see him doing anything outside of his spectrum. He’s doing what he’s been doing most of his career. When we start talking playoff basketball and about the players who are good, we expect them to do their jobs when it’s time to do their jobs.”

For the two-time NBA champion in Allen, there’s no higher compliment.

Allen spent his stellar, 19-year career well prepared for whatever moment there was. He was a 10-time NBA all-star who helped a trophy-starved Boston to a championship in 2008, then joined James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh with the Heat to capture the 2013 crown.

Allen, the son of an Air Force veteran, starred for Hillcrest High School in Dalzell Lukas Dostal Ducks Jersey , South Carolina, about an hour east of Columbia. He returned to the Palmetto State this week to be part of the newest group of inductees into the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame.

”This is my first induction into any hall of fame,” Allen said, smiling.

Allen, 42, left the game after the 2014 season as the NBA leader in career 3-pointers made – more than 400 more than Reggie Miller in second place. Allen’s also known for several big moments on the court, including his seven 3-pointers in the sixth and final game of the 2008 title series to defeat the Los Angeles Lakers to help the Celtics win their first championship since 1986.

It was Allen’s 3-pointer from the right corner for the Heat in game six of the 2013 series with San Antonio that tied things at 95-all, a game Miami would go on to win in overtime before closing out the title run a game later.

Allen, who also played for Milwaukee and Seattle , prefers remembering the smaller moments, ones fans don’t see where teammates practice together and commit to let their talent and effort loose in games.

”The moments when the guys counted on me to come through for them http://www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kevin-hogan-jersey ,” he said. ”Just being accountable.”

That’s what Allen sees from James as much in a first-quarter blocked shot or box out as in a last-second banker to defeat Toronto in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

”It’s being a good teammate,” he said. ”The people see the big shots, but what we see is, `Man, he was a great teammate. He was always there.”’

As far as the all-time debate, Allen gives the edge to Michael Jordan over James. Playing against both of them, Allen said Jordan ”didn’t have any weaknesses. There was just no way that you could stop him.”

Allen is certain James, especially with more playoff showings like this season, will make a stronger case for the top spot.

Allen missed Boston’s opening game conference finals win over Cleveland and James on Sunday as he had just returned from China where he was promoting the NBA. It’s a country hungry for more of the game, Allen said. He said he met one fan there who had his signature sneakers from his early days in Milwaukee.

He’s not pulling for the Celtics or Cavaliers, just more compelling playoff basketball.

And there should be plenty of that Tuesday night when Golden State plays at Houston Michael Dickson Color Rush Jersey , and when there should be plenty of 3-pointers being tossed up.

Allen, though one of the all-time great long-range shooters in the NBA, doesn’t enjoy talking about the role he played in the evolution of game, where 3-pointers are being shot in record numbers. Allen attempted 500 or more 3s just three times in 19 seasons. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson have each done that for the Warriors the past six seasons.

”I just believe I did what I was supposed to do when I had my time,” Allen said. ”I try never to play those woulda, coulda, shouldas.”

Allen credited his time in South Carolina for learning to overcome adversity on being a military child mixing with civilian students who knew little about life on an air base.

”This is a place that grew me up as a young person,” Allen said. ”It’s where I got my start.”

Profilo Invia messaggio privato

Questi messaggi rappresentano l'opinione personale dei membri di AROUNDIN e non di AROUNDIN.
AROUNDIN non č responsabile per i messaggi scritti dagli utenti.
Reputi qualcuno di questi messaggi inopportuno? scrivi a info@aroundin.it indicando il motivo

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

Messaggi con argomenti simili
Argomento Autore Forum Risposte Inviato
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi brad-daugherty-cavaliers-jersey rxz123 Italia - forum vacanze in italia 0 Lun Mar 05, 2018 09:38 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys rxz123 Italia - forum vacanze in italia 0 Gio Nov 16, 2017 05:45 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Shaquille O'Neal Cavaliers Jersey rxz123 Italia - forum vacanze in italia 0 Mar Ott 10, 2017 05:11 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Cleveland Cavaliers broke a four-game... Easyhomeshopping Europa - forum turismo in europa 0 Mer Mag 03, 2017 08:58 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
AroundIN

©2007-2011 Aroundin  P.IVA 06016170968  Contatti  Partners  Termini e condizioni  Annunci di Viaggio  InfoViaggi  Scambio Casa

aroundin.it è la forum community di viaggio con consigli e opinioni per viaggiare da soli o in compagnia.
Crea la tua mappa di viaggio e pubblica le tue foto vacanze.

aroundin.it non č responsabile, né garantisce il contenuto dei siti oggetto di link e
non č in alcun modo responsabile dei siti web a cui l'utente dovesse accedere dal presente sito

Powered phpbb - foto album - mappe - Ricerca per parola chiave: viaggi e turismo