Foto Album Vacanze Forum viaggi vacanze low cost I Nostri Viaggiatori Annunci di Viaggio
that much football

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
linzhihong18

linzhihong18
guarda i Paesi Visitati ()

MessaggioInviato: Mer Ott 10, 2018 10:38 am    Oggetto: that much football Rispondi citando

Now that five-time All-Star Anthony Davis has his first taste of a playoff triumph Adam Larsson Jersey , he sounds eager to see what’s next.

Davis’ Pelicans looked like anything but a shoo-in for the postseason after fellow All-Star DeMarcus Cousins was lost for the season in late January with an Achilles tear. They needed 81 games just to clinch a playoff spot. They ran the table during a pressure-packed final five games of the regular season, climbing to sixth in the Western Conference.

Four games later, New Orleans is on a nine-game winning streak and moving on to the second round of the playoffs for only the second time in 16 seasons since the NBA returned to the city in 2002.

”A lot of people counted us out after the injury to DeMarcus, so this is amazing,” Davis said following Saturday’s series-clinching, 131-123 victory over third-seeded Portland. ”But we have to get ready for the second round.”

The Pelicans appear destined to play second-seeded Golden State in Round 2. The Warriors entered Sunday with a chance to sweep their first-round series against San Antonio.

Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry figures that facing the defending champs will be no easy task, even if Stephen Curry struggles to come back from his knee injury.

”If it is Golden State, we’re playing the NBA champs and we understand that,” said Gentry, adding that he’s a little amused by hearing his former boss, Steve Kerr, talk about the ”turmoil” the Warriors endured this season. ”I don’t think it’s turmoil if you win (5Cool games.”

The Pelicans would not be the favorites against Golden State. But given how they’ve played lately, another upset bid isn’t entirely out of the question – particularly with Curry’s injury casting doubt on when he’ll return and how effective he’ll be.

New Orleans’ current winning streak included a victory at Golden State. In their first-round series against Portland, the Pelicans proved they could get considerable scoring from players other than Davis when they needed it.

After Davis led the Pelicans with 35 points in Game 1, Holiday scored a team-high 33 in Game 2. When the series shifted to New Orleans for Game 3 Ronnie Lott Jersey , forward Nikola Mirotic had a team-high 30 points.

Then in Game 4, a determined Davis and Holiday combined for 88 points, with Davis scoring a franchise playoff-record 47 and Holiday capping his 41-point outing with a clutch 3 and 18-foot jumper in the final minutes.

”Hats off to New Orleans. They played really well,” Portland coach Terry Stotts said. ”Their stars put on a show. … They had different people step up at different times.”

Having a veteran guard like Rajon Rondo to run the offense helped.

Pushing the pace, Rondo racked up 53 assists in four games and mixed in his share of slashing layups when defenses over-committed to Davis or Holiday.

”I came here to win a championship. I didn’t come here to beat a team in the first round or the second round,” said the 32-year-old Rondo, who won a title with Boston in 2008. ”My expectations were high coming in, knowing the talent I was playing with.

”We were able to come together as a team that plays for one another. We believe in each other,” Rondo continued. ”This is just one check mark of the bigger goal that we have in mind. We are going to try to get a couple of days of rest and come back locked in and ready to go.”

When the final horn sounded on the Blazers’ season, Portland star guard Damian Lillard exchanged a long hug with Davis. Afterward, Lillard discussed his appreciation for the Pelicans star, who needed six seasons to experience his first playoff victory with New Orleans, and who didn’t even get to participate in the playoffs in four of his first five years in the NBA.

”He’s had it hard. I couldn’t imagine what it’s like going all those years not being able to compete in the postseason when you’re that level of player,” Lillard said. ”I congratulate him. … You’ve got to give credit where it’s due. I give him credit for his performance and their team. And he’s also a great dude. So, you can’t be mad at him.”

Perhaps even the Pelicans next-round opponents will be happy for Davis. But one can bet they won’t be all that happy to have to play against him.

WESTFIELD Youth Chase Edmonds Jersey , Ind. (AP) — Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III spent most of their football careers going head to head.

The two high-profile Texas prep stars were both recruited by Stanford, finished one-two in the 2011 Heisman Trophy race, went first and second in the 2012 NFL draft and were the top two vote-getters in the NFL’s Offensive Rookie of the Year balloting.

Now, the 28-year-old quarterbacks find themselves in an odd place — rooting for each another’s comebacks.

“You know it seems like the combine was just yesterday,” Griffin said after the first of two joint practices on the final weekend of training camp.

“He’s always going to be the geeky guy and I’m always going to be the guy who wears the goofy socks.”

Maybe those sentiments sound strange coming from two guys who were supposed to join the long list of memorable rivals.

But fate, as it sometimes does, changed everything.

Instead of becoming fierce foes, Griffin and Luck developed a mutual admiration for each another’s work. They respect one another so much that Luck even took a moment during a brief stoppage at practice to jog over and give Griffin a hug.

“He’s a really good guy. He’s a Texas guy, so we have some links there,” Luck said earlier this week. “I got to know him at the Heisman and then the combine and draft. I’ve always been a big fan. Our families got to know each other a fair bit. I’m excited to see him.”

Much has changed since these two last threw passes on the same field, six years ago in one of the few highly anticipated preseason games, pitting the seemingly can’t-miss prospects.

Luck was considered the polished, establishment guy, who learned the game from his NFL-playing father, who was groomed in Stanford’s pro-style offense had a resume that resembled Peyton Manning’s.

Griffin was the flashy new guy with plenty of upside Graham Glasgow Jersey , legs that were supposed to be as difficult to stop as his arm, who could make any offense high octane and who took home four of college football’s most prized trophies in 2011.

Both began with a bang.

Luck led the Colts to the playoffs each of his first three seasons, made the Pro Bowl each year and helped lead the Colts one step deeper in the playoffs each successive year, culminating with an AFC championship game appearance following the 2014 season.

Griffin countered by leading the Redskins to their first playoff appearance in five years, drawing praise from President Barack Obama and making the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

Then things suddenly went awry.

Griffin sprained a ligament in his right knee in December 2012, but was cleared by doctors in time to return for the final two regular-season games and the playoff game against Seattle. During the fourth quarter of the loss to the Seahawks, Griffin’s knee gave out and he wound up needing surgery for two torn ligaments and a torn meniscus.

“I don’t think about the past because otherwise I can’t stay in the present,” Griffin said. “I’m a football player. If they tell me I can go, I’m going to go.”

He was never the same. Since starting 9-7, he is just 6-19 as a starter.

Griffin lost the starting spot in Washington three times over the next three seasons and finally signed with Cleveland in 2016, where he spent most of the season on injured reserve with a fractured bone in his left shoulder. He still holds the distinction as the most recent starting quarterback to lead the Browns to a victory on Dec. 24, 2016.

The Browns released Griffin in March 2017 — before he collected a $750,000 roster bonus — and he was out of football all of last season.

“It was hard, very hard,” Griffin said. “But the Ravens gave me an opportunity and I’m here to make the most of this opportunity.”

Luck Authentic Mike Remmers Jersey , meanwhile, dealt with other obstacles.

He injured his right shoulder in the third game of the 2015 season, ending a starting streak of 57 consecutive games.

Luck finished his fourth pro season on injured reserve with a lacerated kidney, played through the continual pain in his right shoulder in 2016 then opted for surgery on a partially torn labrum in January 2017. The recovery cost him all of last season.

The Colts missed the playoffs all three of those years and now he’s finally back, looking to find his pre-surgery form.

“I know he was just hurting,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “When you miss that much football, you start questioning everything. For him to be back out here has to be a joy for him.”

Luck will continue lining up behind center for the second joint practice Saturday and likely for more than a quarter in Monday night’s game.

Griffin, meanwhile, is trying to restart his career by winning a job behind Super Bowl-winning quarterback Joe Flacco and first-round draft pick and Heisman winner Lamar Jackson, meaning Griffin and Luck could be watching each other’s comebacks.

“I’m always root for quarterbacks,” Griffin said. “I really hope he (Luck) comes back and not just to the level he was before but to the level the Colts expect.”

Youth Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys
Profilo Invia messaggio privato

Questi messaggi rappresentano l'opinione personale dei membri di AROUNDIN e non di AROUNDIN.
AROUNDIN non è responsabile per i messaggi scritti dagli utenti.
Reputi qualcuno di questi messaggi inopportuno? scrivi a info@aroundin.it indicando il motivo

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

Messaggi con argomenti simili
Argomento Autore Forum Risposte Inviato
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi College football Week 5: Games and pl... liny195 Discussion about tourism in Italy 0 Ven Dic 07, 2018 04:40 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi New orleans team will probably standa... baidai8300 Mondo - forum viaggi nei paesi del mondo 0 Mer Nov 21, 2018 04:17 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi At 82, he finally has pro football's ... linzhihong18 Italia - forum vacanze in italia 0 Mar Ago 21, 2018 04:37 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi ut this football t liny195 Discussion about tourism in Italy 0 Mer Ago 01, 2018 03:40 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Wholesale NFL Football Jerseys , anyway Italia - forum vacanze in italia 0 Mar Dic 19, 2017 09:42 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
AroundIN

©2007-2011 Aroundin  P.IVA 06016170968  Contatti  Partners  Termini e condizioni  Annunci di Viaggio  InfoViaggi  Scambio Casa

aroundin.it è la forum community di viaggio con consigli e opinioni per viaggiare da soli o in compagnia.
Crea la tua mappa di viaggio e pubblica le tue foto vacanze.

aroundin.it non è responsabile, né garantisce il contenuto dei siti oggetto di link e
non è in alcun modo responsabile dei siti web a cui l'utente dovesse accedere dal presente sito

Powered phpbb - foto album - mappe - Ricerca per parola chiave: viaggi e turismo