Foto Album Vacanze Forum viaggi vacanze low cost I Nostri Viaggiatori Annunci di Viaggio
Rae was one of the women

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
linzhihong18

linzhihong18
guarda i Paesi Visitati ()

MessaggioInviato: Gio Ago 09, 2018 03:36 am    Oggetto: Rae was one of the women Rispondi citando

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum said he has repaid a Minnesota electric utility $37 Alex Cappa Color Rush Jersey ,000 for tickets the company provided him and his wife for Sunday’s Super Bowl in Minneapolis.

The Republican governor on Wednesday said he reimbursed Xcel Energy ”to eliminate even the perception of any conflict.”

Burgum and first lady Kathryn Helgaas Burgum watched the game from a suite provided by Xcel, which serves more than 90,000 customers in Grand Forks, Fargo and Minot. He said before going that he planned to use the opportunity to talk with Xcel officials about their service and infrastructure in North Dakota.

The trip drew criticism even from within his own party.

”We can’t be doing that,” GOP Senate Majority Leader Rich Wardner said. ”I don’t think the governor was influenced in any way but we as state officials just need to use good judgment.”

Burgum, in a statement, said the tickets ”have not influenced, and will not influence, my decision-making as governor. However, to eliminate even the perception of any conflict, I have reimbursed Xcel Energy for the full cost of the tickets.”

Earlier Wednesday http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-russell-bodine-jersey , his office said that an ethics policy was being written for the governor and his staff. But it was in progress before the governor was criticized over the Super Bowl, according to Burgum spokesman Mike Nowatzki.

”There wasn’t one in the governor’s office when we moved in,” Nowatzki said of an ethics policy. Burgum’s lawyer, Leslie Bakken Oliver, has been crafting such a policy for several months, the spokesman said.

”We don’t have a timeline” for when it will be done, Nowatzki said.

Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton paid more than $6,000 for his own ticket to the Super Bowl.

Democratic House Minority Leader Corey Mock of Grand Forks said if anyone could make the case for getting a free ticket to the game it would have been Minnesota’s governor. Burgum, a wealthy, former software executive, could afford his own Kerryon Johnson Color Rush Jersey , Mock said.

”That way, no one would question why you get to go to the biggest football game of the season at no cost,” he said.

During his campaign for governor, Burgum often talked about ”reinventing government,” shaking up the ”good old boy” party establishment and reining in ”runaway spending” as the state’s oil boom was fading.

Issa Rae said she feels that women’s voices have been amplified in the film and television worlds and she’s happy to be part of the group leading the change and opening doors for others.

”I do think there’s a renaissance in so many different ways,” the actress said at NFL’s Women’s Summit on Friday. ”We have a newfound power, a newly rediscovered power. We’re like, `…We can speak up, and we can get stuff done, and we can make a change, and we can reclaim our stories.”

”It just seems so much more attainable (for women) because you are seeing a shift behind the scenes.”

Rae’s words come on the heels of Greta Gerwig’s historic Oscar nomination for best director with ”Lady Bird Trent Brown Color Rush Jersey ,” making her just the fifth woman nominated for the prestigious prize.

There have been major wins by women’s stories on television at the recent Emmy and Golden Globe Awards by HBO’s ”Big Little Lies” and Hulu’s ”The Handmaid’s Tale,” shows where actresses Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon and Elisabeth Moss also serve as executive producers.

Director Ava DuVernay made history with her Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, while Shonda Rhimes continues to be a force on television, launching hits on ABC with ”How to Get Away with Murder,” ”Grey’s Anatomy” and ”Scandal.”

When asked by Maria Menounos about there being one opportunity for a minority actor or a woman on a show or project, Rae said, ”The one slot thing is ridiculous but there’s truth to it.

”Because I think a lot of executives, people who put stuff on television have that mentality of, `Oh, we have our black show Hayden Hurst Color Rush Jersey , so sorry. Maybe try NBC.’ And that’s really discouraging in a way because there’s so many stories to tell.”

”Insecure,” which Rae created, produces and stars in, earned her two Golden Globe nominations and will return for its third season this year. It’s based on her hit web series, ”The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl.”

She said going from YouTube to HBO ”was a long journey of brokenness, you know. The first episode cost me $25.”

Rae launched a Kickstarter campaign to keep the series alive and music mogul Pharrell funded its second season. She said when the show’s fan base grew, networks were interested in building it up but Rae didn’t agree with some of the ideas.

”I had opportunities to take `Awkward Black Girl’ to television really early on for big networks, but for them it was about shifting it and changing it to fit their standards, and that never appealed to me. I was not in a rush,” she said.

Rae was one of the women who spoke at NFL’s third Women’s Summit held at the Pantages Theatre on Friday, days ahead of Super Bowl 52. She spent Thursday night at a listening party at Paisley Park for Justin Timberlake’s new album.

The 33-year-old signed a development deal with HBO to produce more content like ”Insecure” for the network. She said she’s thankful for her teachers in school who pushed her to reach her full potential.

”I had a lot of good mentors in school http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-patrick-omameh-jersey , like my high school teachers, a college professor specifically who was just really encouraging in terms of pushing me forward, helping me graduate `cause Lord knows that was hard to do,” said Rae, who graduated from Stanford University.

”Just because I liked extracurricular activities and I didn’t like going to class, but you guys should go to class,” she said to laughs.

—–

Online:

Profilo Invia messaggio privato

Questi messaggi rappresentano l'opinione personale dei membri di AROUNDIN e non di AROUNDIN.
AROUNDIN non è responsabile per i messaggi scritti dagli utenti.
Reputi qualcuno di questi messaggi inopportuno? scrivi a info@aroundin.it indicando il motivo

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

Messaggi con argomenti simili
Argomento Autore Forum Risposte Inviato
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Women's Chris Wormley Jersey[ rxz123 Discussion about tourism in Italy 0 Mar Ago 07, 2018 09:21 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Women's ArDarius Stewart Jersey rxz123 Discussion about tourism in Italy 0 Mar Ago 07, 2018 09:10 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Women's Tyrunn Walker Jersey rxz123 Discussion about tourism in Italy 0 Mar Lug 17, 2018 11:15 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Vin Baker Women's Jersey anyway Italia - forum vacanze in italia 0 Ven Apr 27, 2018 04:07 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
Non ci sono nuovi messaggi Women's Nick Kwiatkoski Jersey rxz123 Discussion about tourism in Italy 0 Gio Apr 12, 2018 09:45 am Leggi gli ultimi messaggi
AroundIN

©2007-2011 Aroundin  P.IVA 06016170968  Contatti  Partners  Termini e condizioni  Annunci di Viaggio  InfoViaggi  Scambio Casa

aroundin.it è la forum community di viaggio con consigli e opinioni per viaggiare da soli o in compagnia.
Crea la tua mappa di viaggio e pubblica le tue foto vacanze.

aroundin.it non è responsabile, né garantisce il contenuto dei siti oggetto di link e
non è in alcun modo responsabile dei siti web a cui l'utente dovesse accedere dal presente sito

Powered phpbb - foto album - mappe - Ricerca per parola chiave: viaggi e turismo