Foto Album Vacanze Forum viaggi vacanze low cost I Nostri Viaggiatori Annunci di Viaggio
Julien said backup Antti Niemi

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
linzhihong18

linzhihong18
guarda i Paesi Visitati ()

MessaggioInviato: Gio Ago 09, 2018 04:03 am    Oggetto: Julien said backup Antti Niemi Rispondi citando

Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara signed a contract that will take him through his 42nd birthday Ryan McMahon Colorado Rockies Jersey , and he’s already anticipating the next one.

”I believe, myself, that I’m going to be playing beyond this contract,” he said on Wednesday after agreeing to a one-year deal that will pay him at least $5 million.

”No matter how long you want to continue to play, you have to perform. You have to back up your status,” he said. ”So I know I need to go out there every night and do my job, perform and play hard and work hard and be a great example for my teammates. (The) rest of it, it will fall into place.”

A five-time All-Star who was the league’s best defenseman in 2009, Chara turned 41 this month but still leads the Bruins in time on ice with an average of 23 minutes per game. He has seven goals and 16 assists this season, his 20th in the NHL, and is the franchise’s third-leading scorer for a defenseman, behind Hall of Famers Ray Bourque and Bobby Orr.

”He’s been a dominant player this year Andrei Svechnikov Hurricanes Jersey ,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said. ”He takes all of the hard matchups still, doesn’t shy away from any situations and has embraced the role that he’s kind of emerged into. … He’s indicated that he wants to perform at a high, high level, he expects to perform at a high level, and he’s backed that up.”

Chara was in the final year of a seven-year, $45 million contract that reportedly paid him $4 million this year. His new deal guarantees him $5 million but also has incentives that could pay him $1.75 million more.

”I will not be surprised if we’re sitting here (again),” Sweeney said, ”because he’s indicated he wants to continue to play.”

Sweeney conceded that Chara had leverage if he went to the free agent market. But the 6-foot-9 Bruins captain said he wanted to stay in Boston and help develop young players such as Charlie McAvoy, Jake DeBrusk and Anders Bjork.

”I believe in this team,” Chara said. ”It’s very exciting to be a part of this team. I think this team has a chance, and that’s all you can ask for. The rest of it is up to us to do on the ice. So, yeah http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-vita-vea-jersey , that was my priority, to stay in Boston, to be a Boston Bruin.”

Sweeney said Chara’s influence isn’t just on the younger players.

”It really is a ripple effect through our whole hockey club,” the GM said. ”Every player realizes the bar is set so high with a player that has accomplished as much as he has, yet he shows up every day. … At times, when we’re trying to get him off the ice, he wants to be on it more. So, I think the example for excellence starts with Zdeno.”

Chara played in the Bruins’ first 68 games this season before an unspecified injury that has sidelined him since March 13. Boston has also played without Patrice Bergeron, David Backes, Rick Nash, Torey Krug, McAvoy and DeBrusk this month http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-carlton-davis-jersey , but is just one point behind the Tampa Bay Lightning for the best record in the Eastern Conference heading into Thursday night’s matchup.

”I’m so proud of the team, and what the guys have been able to do with so many guys being out of the lineup,” Chara said. ”Just a great indication that this team has a never-give-up attitude and willing to fight till the last whistle.”

PITTSBURGH — It could be a trap game Saturday for the Pittsburgh Penguins when they host the Montreal Canadiens at PPG Paints Arena.

The Penguins (44-28-6) have not officially clinched a playoff spot and are clawing for positioning in the tight Metropolitan Division yet are a somewhat pedestrian 5-3-2 in their past 10 games.

In addition, they have a showdown with Washington, first in the Metro, on Sunday.

Pittsburgh has had some trouble lately playing soundly against opponents that are out of playoff contention, with losses the past three weeks against the New York Rangers, New York Islanders and Detroit Red Wings.

However, this will be the Penguins’ third game in March against Montreal, another also-ran club, and they have won the first two, both by 5-3. They will be going for their second-ever season series sweep of Canadiens and have won four straight and six of seven in the series.

What the Penguins are hoping for is a repeat of those two recent matchups with the Canadiens. Better yet Authentic Baker Mayfield Jersey , they would like to have a performance like the one they turned in Thursday with a gritty 4-3 overtime win against Metro foe New Jersey.

“This was our best 60-minute game in a long time,” Pittsburgh winger Patric Hornqvist, who is one goal shy of 200 for his career, said of the win over the Devils. “It’s the way we have to play from now on.”

Montreal (28-37-12) is 4-8-2 this month, but it isn’t looking to serve as some sort of a tune-up for the Penguins before their game against the Capitals.

The Canadiens, who have been off since Monday, a 4-2 win over Detroit, are finding motivation by looking to the future and are giving a handful of young players a chance to prove themselves.

“Those guys are still working out kinks in their game and improving,” winger Paul Byron said Friday after practice and before the team’s flight to Pittsburgh. “There are a lot of positives I see on our team right now. That’s why it’s so important to finish strong. Anything you do now kind of leads into next year.”

Everything the Canadiens do will be watched closely by management.

“I don’t think anybody’s evaluation is done,” Canadiens coach Claude Julien said. “It’s important that they prove that they’re fighters.

“I want to see character — not just the evaluation of the player on the ice, but what kind of character does he have? Is he a guy who’s going to fight to the end, or is he a guy who’s going to mail it in and say http://www.bearsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-roquan-smith-jersey , ‘Let’s get these games over with?’ It means a lot. Not just from young players, but from veterans, too.”

Julien said backup Antti Niemi, who began the season with Pittsburgh, will start rather than No. 1 goaltender Carey Price.

Montreal could get defenseman David Schlemko back from an upper-body injury that has sidelined him for 12 games. He has medical clearance, but Julien has not decided on his lineup as far as skaters.

“You definitely want to be battling with the guys and on the ice,” Schlemko said. “Hockey’s a lot more fun when you’re playing games instead of bag skating by yourself. I’ve been working for weeks now on the ice to get back, so I’m definitely excited and chomping at the bit.”

The Penguins could get center Derick Brassard back after he missed the New Jersey game because of a lower-body injury.

Profilo Invia messaggio privato

Questi messaggi rappresentano l'opinione personale dei membri di AROUNDIN e non di AROUNDIN.
AROUNDIN non è responsabile per i messaggi scritti dagli utenti.
Reputi qualcuno di questi messaggi inopportuno? scrivi a info@aroundin.it indicando il motivo

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum di viaggio -> Italia - forum vacanze in italia Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

AroundIN

©2007-2011 Aroundin  P.IVA 06016170968  Contatti  Partners  Termini e condizioni  Annunci di Viaggio  InfoViaggi  Scambio Casa

aroundin.it è la forum community di viaggio con consigli e opinioni per viaggiare da soli o in compagnia.
Crea la tua mappa di viaggio e pubblica le tue foto vacanze.

aroundin.it non è responsabile, né garantisce il contenuto dei siti oggetto di link e
non è in alcun modo responsabile dei siti web a cui l'utente dovesse accedere dal presente sito

Powered phpbb - foto album - mappe - Ricerca per parola chiave: viaggi e turismo